פרופ' ליאת איילון
07/2003-6/2005 - HRSA Postdoctoral Clinical/ Research Fellow in Geriatrics, Department of Medicine- Division of Geriatrics; University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
07/2002-06/2003 - Clinical Psychology Internship (APA Approved); mentor: Patricia A. Arean, Ph.D., Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
06/1998-05/2002 - Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology (APA Approved); adviser: Michael A. Young, Ph.D. Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
06/1998-12/2000 - M.S. in Psychology, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
10/1993-07/1996 - B.A. (Cum Laude) Behavioural Sciences, Ben-Gurion University, Bee'r Sheva, Israel
11/2017-11/2021 - Coordinator of the MSCA-ITN "EuroAgeism", funded under Horizon 2020
5/2020- Founder the Ageism Impact Centre, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
04/2012-ongoing - Full Professor: Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2015-ongoing - Senate member: Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2016-ongoing - Deputy director of the school of Social Work: Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2016-ongoing - Head of the Retraining program: school of Social Work Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2018-ongoing - Ph.D. program committee member: school of Social Work Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2016-10/2018 - Head of the MSW program: Bar-Ilan University; Israel
10/2009-04/2012 - Associate Professor: Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2007-10/2009 - Senior Lecturer (Tenured): Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2005-10/2007 - Lecturer: Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2015-10/2016 - Member of the ethics committee: Bar-Ilan University, Israel
10/2016-10/2017 - Substitute member of the university-wide appointment committee: Bar-Ilan University, Israel
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
2016 - The Innovative Research on Aging Award: Honorable mention, Marther LifeWays
2015-2019 - Global Young Academy (200 top early scientists worldwide)
2014-2018 - Chair: IS-1402 Ageism: A Multi-National, Interdisciplinary Perspective. COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology; Horizon 2020); Leading a research group of 200+ researchers from 34 countries in Europe
2014-2018 - Israel Young Academy (30 top early scientists in Israel)
7-8/2013 - Andrews Fellow- Visiting Professor- Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan
9/2010 - International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology Junior Investigator Award
5/2009 - American Geriatrics Society New Investigator Award
3/2008 - State of Israel-Ministry of Science Culture and Sports Travel Award to attend the symposium on Science as Diplomacy of Confidence, Berlin, Germany
11/2005 - National Institute of Mental Health Award to attend the Critical Research Issues
07/2005 - Summer Research Institute in Geriatric Psychiatry/ National Institute of Mental Health
08/2004; 6/2005 - Scholarship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Advanced Training Institute
01/2004 - National Science Foundation (NSF) Scholarship to attend the Evaluators’ Institute
COMMISSIONS OF TRUST
Editorial board member: Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research; Research on Aging; Society and Welfare [Hebrew]; Social Security [Hebrew]; Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences; Journal of Applied Gerontology; International Psychogeriatric (triage editor)
Guest editor: Gerontologia (Hebrew): caregiving (2012) ageism (2011); European Journal of Ageing: ageism (2016); International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health: Home care (2019)
Ad-hoc reviewer: over 60 journals: Social Science and Medicine, the Gerontologist, Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences, Cochrane Review, Archives of Internal Medicine, American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, Ageing & Society, Psychiatric Services, JAMA-Psychiatry, Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, WHO Bulletin, Computers and Human Behaviour, Journal of Abnormal Psychology
Grant reviewer: over 20 different grant mechanisms, including the Alzheimer's Association (U.S.), the American Psychological Association, Romanian National Council for Research and Development, US-Israel Bi-national Science Foundation, National Institute for Health Policy Research, German Israeli Science Foundation, Israel Science Foundation, Memorabel (ZonMw, Netherlands), COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology), the Swedish Research Council, the Research Grants Council-Hong Kong, Auckland Medical Research Foundation, New Zealand, The Research Foundation Flanders, Beethoven 2 The National Science Center (Narodowe Centrum Nauki – NCN, Poland, NWO-ZonMw (Netherlands Organization for Health Research and Development) and FAPESP (São Paulo Research Foundation).
Committees: Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (U.S.) on global aging education (2011); Israel Science Foundation steering committee (2012; 2018); Bar-Ilan University: ethics (2009-2014; 2016), promotion and hiring committees (2011-present), quality assessment (2014), search committee for the head of the School (2016) and for the dean (2017); European Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies, 45th annual congress, scientific committee member (2012-2015); Israel Gerontolgical Society Chair of the Scientific committee (2013); Women in Science (2015-2020) committee member; the status of junior researchers in Israel (2014-2016) committee member; Alon Fellowship (2016-2019) committee member; Israel Ministry of Science and Technology grant scheme (2016) committee member; Israeli Ministry of Pensioner's Affairs & IGDC Project Executive Committee member (Survey of Health Ageing and Retirement in Europe) (2015) committee member; bio-ethics committee, Israel Academy of Science and Humanities (2016-) committee member; WHO core group to combat ageism (2016-); group member Science Advice for Policy by European Academies: Transforming the future of ageing (2018-), WHO long term care work group (2020), Israel Ministry of Social Equality (2020-).
Ageism and intergenerational tension in the age of climate change - Israel Science Foundation, 11/20-11/25, PI
EuroAgeism - Marie-Curie Innovative Training Network, 11/2017-11/2021, Coordinator of the MSCA- ITN funded under Horizon 2020
Mascage: Ageing masculinities in cultural representations - Gender Net-ERA Net co fund, 12/2018-12/2021, Site PI
I have authored 202 peer-reviewed articles, 14 book chapters, 1 book, 1 edited book (46 papers as sole author, 75 papers as first author, 53 papers with students); 4,631 citations, H index=35, i10 index=105
* work conducted with students
- Xi, W*., Xu, W*., Zhang, X., Ayalon, L. (2020). A thematic analysis of Weibo topics (Chinese twitter hashtags) regarding older adults during the COVID-19 outbreak. Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences. IF=3.502, 2/42 in Gerontology
This study relies on qualitative analysis to identify current discourse concerning older adults and COVID-19 in Chinese society.
- Ayalon, L. & Yahav. (2019). Location, location, location: Close ties among older continuing care retirement community residents. PlosOne IF=2.740
This study used social network analysis to identify determinants for the formation of ties among CCRC residents.
- Ayalon, L. & Green O.* (2015). A typology of new residents' adjustment to the continuing care retirement community. The Gerontologist. doi: 10.1093/geront/gnu121 IF=3.628, 1/42 in Gerontology
This study relied on qualitative methods to develop a new typology of continuing care retirement community (CCRC) residents. The study stresses positive aspects associated with the transition to the CCRC. Paper was awarded an Innovative Research on Aging Award: Honorable mention, Marther LifeWays.
- Ayalon, L., Lev, S., Lev, G. (2020). What can we learn from the past about the future of gerontology: Using natural language processing to examine the field of gerontology. Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences IF=3.502, 2/42 in Gerontology
Using Natural Language Processing, this study evaluated the entire field of gerontology over the past four decades.
- Ayalon. L. (2015). Reports of elder neglect by older adults, their family caregivers and their home care workers: a test of measurement invariance. Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences, 70(3), 432-442. IF=3.502, 2/42 in Gerontology
This study utilized triadic methods to validate the use of an elder neglect measure in the caregiving network. Given the subjective nature inherent in assessing elder neglect, it makes a substantial contribution.
- Ayalon, L. & Green, O.* (2015). Live-in vs. live-out home care in Israel: Satisfaction with services and caregivers’ outcomes. The Gerontologist, 55(4), 628-642. IF=3.628, 1/42 in Gerontology
Relying on triadic data, the study evaluated the homecare arrangement from multiple perspectives, while enriching existing theories in the field of caregiving burnout and distress.
- Nevadeal, A., Ayalon, L. & Briller, S. (2018). A qualitative evidence synthesis review of longitudinal qualitative research in gerontology. The Gerontologist, doi: 10.1093/geront/gny134. IF=3.628, 1/42 in Gerontology
The study reviews current trends in longitudinal qualitative research in the field of gerontology
- Ayalon, L. (2016). Perceived age discrimination: A precipitator or a consequence of depressive symptoms? Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences. doi: 10.1093/geronb/gbv101 IF=3.502, 2/42 in Gerontology
The study evaluated the temporal association of depressive symptoms and age discrimination. Contrary to expectations, results suggest that depressive symptoms precede perceived discrimination.
- Ayalon, L., Chasteen, A., Diehl, M., Levy, B., Neupert, S. D., Rothermund, K., ... & Wahl, H. W. (2020). Aging in Times of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Avoiding Ageism and Fostering Intergenerational Solidarity. The Journals of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences. IF=3.502, 2/42 in Gerontology
This is an editorial reflecting the concerns of prominent international gerontologists about ageism and intergenerational tension during the COVID-19 pandemic.
10. Ayalon, L., Dolberg, P., Mikulionienė, S., Perek-Bialak, J., Rapoliene, G., Stypińska, J., Willińska, M.,
& de la Fuente Núñez, V. (2019). A systematic review of existing ageism scales. Ageing Research
Reviews, doi: 10.1016/j.arr.2019.100919 IF=10.390; 1/33 in Aging
A systematic review to identify ageism scales as part of the WHO global campaign to combat ageism.
Research monographs and any translations thereof
Ayalon, L. & Tesch-Roemer, C. (2018). Contemporary perspectives on ageism. Springer )over 638,000 downloads)
Ayalon, L. (2018) Sex, meds and rock & roll: Who said the world belongs only to the young. Matar (Heb)
Invited presentations to peer-reviewed, internationally established conferences
More than 200 presentations were given in international peer-reviewed conferences, including the American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry, the International Psychogeriatrics, the Gerontological Society of America, the World Congress of Geriatrics and Gerontology, the American Geriatrics Society, the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics. Over 150 talks were given upon invitation from various universities, including the University of California, San Francisco, Stanford University, the University of Oxford, Keele University, Nuremburg University, the Hebrew University, Tel Aviv University, the University of Haifa, Ben Gurion University, the keynote speech of the Israel Gerontological Society, AGE-Europe, the European Union, the United Nations and many more. Selected presentations:
Ayalon, L. (November, 2019). The pathways and implications of ageism: Is it possible to eliminate ageism. Social, Behavioral, and Environmental Enablers for Healthy Longevity. National Academy of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Ayalon, L. (November, 2019). Understanding ageism. The 12th meeting of the UNECE’s intergovernmental Working Group on Ageing meeting. Geneva, Switzerland
Ayalon, L. (November, 2019). Ageing as an opportunity. Lincei-International Antonio Feltrinelli conference. Italian Academy of Science. Rome, Italy
Ayalon, L. (July, 2019). Can human rights education curtail ageism? 41st Human Rights Council. Palace of Nations, UN Office, Geneva, Switzerland
Ayalon, L. (July, 2019). Addressing the challenges of ageing across the life course. Transforming the future of ageing: Lessons from the SAPEA report and its application to the Israeli context. The Israel Academy of Science, Jerusalem, Israel
Ayalon, L. (May, 2019). Keynote speaker: Opportunities and challenges to reduce ageism. IAGG-ER. Gothenburg, Sweden.
Ayalon, L. (October, 2018). Bridging between science and policy to live in a world for all ages. The European Committee of the Regions, Brussels, Belgium
Ayalon, L. (November, 2017). Ageism 101. Presented as part of a meeting on the EU contribution to the WHO global campaign to combat ageism. Delegation of the Basque Country to the European Union. Brussels, Belgium.
Organisation of scientific meetings: I have organized multiple large-scale meetings at the national and international levels:
- Ageism: A multi-national interdisciplinary perspective COST-IS1402 (2014-2018). As the chair, I have been directly responsible for the organization of international conferences and training schools. Number of participants has ranged between 40 and +100 international scholars. Recent events were organized in Dublin, Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, Tel Aviv, Krakow, Bucharest, & Barcelona. The concluding event was hosted by the European Committee of the Region.
- As the coordinator of EuroAgeism (2017-2021), I am in charge of the organization of training schools for international Ph.D. students and the public in various settings, including Tel Aviv, Prague, Krakow, Czech Republic, Tampere, Aberdeen.
- The biannual meeting of the Israel Gerontological Association- Chair of the scientific committee, 2013.
- The meeting of the Asian Young Academies in Israel- Chair of the scientific committee, 2018.
- SAPEA meeting in Israel- Transforming the Future of Ageing- Chair of the scientific committee, 2019.
- WHO meeting in Israel to develop a measure to assess ageism, forthcoming- Local host, 2020
76-341-04 - סמינריון מחקר
76-470-01 - קריאה ביקורתית אקדמית
76-794-01 - קריאה מדעית
76-808-01 - שיטות מחקר - כמותי
76-809-01 - שיטות מחקר - איכותני
- שירותי בריאות הנפש לאוכלוסיות מעוטות יכולת
- מטפלים זרים
- דיכאון בקרב קשישים
- זקנים עם דמנציה
- דיור מוגן של קשישים
תאריך עדכון אחרון : 29/11/2022