Dr. Zeev Fridman
- CEO of the Israeli Center for Legal Guardianship (The Fund for Treatment of Wards of the State), a corporation founded by the Ministry of Justice (2008-present)
- Director of the Welfare, Health and Human Services Administration (comprised of the Social Services Division, Public Health Division, Immigration Absorption Authority, Drugs and Alcohol Abuse Authority), Tel Aviv–Yafo Municipality (1999-2008)
- Director of E.T.S. – Emergency Treatment System - Individual and Community Treatment During States of Emergency, Tel Aviv–Yafo Municipality (1999-2008)
- Director of the Social Services Division, Tel Aviv–Yafo Municipality (1988–1999)
- Advisor to the Mayor of Ramat Hasharon and Director of the Social Services, Health and Community Division, Ramat Hasharon (1987–1988)
- Representative of the Jewish Education Department of the World Zionist Organization, West Coast of the United States (1984–1987)
- Director of the Social Services Department, Ramat Hasharon Municipality (1977–1984)
- Director of the Morasha Neighborhood Renewal Project, Ramat Hasharon [while serving as director of the Social Services Department] (1980–1982)
- Emissary of the Youth and Hechalutz Department of the World Zionist Organization, Toronto, Canada (1974–1977)
Academic Education and Pursuits
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Educational Administration and Psychology, Bar-Ilan University
- Master’s Degree (M.S.W.) in Social Work – In Administration and Social Planning, Bar-Ilan University. Thesis topic: development of a model for analyzing the role of community social workers in Israel.
- Ph.D. in Social Work in Administration and Social Planning, Tel Aviv University. Dissertation topic: development of a theoretical and applied model of the factors that promote and hinder a process of implementing an organizational merger in the public sector, in general, and in social services, in particular.
- Course lecturer: "Organizational Models and Structures." Tel Aviv University School of Social Work (2007-2008)
- Course lecturer: "Social Services Policy (Social Security and Social Services)," "Community Work, Economy and Welfare" and "From Policy to Practice." Bar-Ilan University School of Social Work (2011-present)
- I was chosen to be part of a select group of 500 board of Directors on behalf of the Government Companies Authority – The Ministry of Finance, 2015.
- Graduate of the senior management course "Excellence in Management" – run by the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality Training Center and Ministry of Interior
- Graduate (certification diploma) of the Senior Management Course in Social Services, run by the Ministry of Labor and Welfare
- Graduate of the Public Policy Program (Senior Staff "B") run by “Elka” – The Association for Personnel Development, The Joint Distribution Committee and the Government of Israel
- Graduate of the Board of Directors Course held at the Tel Aviv University School of Government and Policy
- Graduate of the course “Moral Dilemmas in Education” - held at Harvard University, USA
- Recipient of the "Senior Social Worker" rank from the Social Workers Association, License no. 6952
- Continuing education program dealing with emergency management in Los Angeles, sponsored by the County of Los Angeles and the City of Los Angeles
- Course for Chairpersons and Managers of the Emergency Treatment System - Individual and Community Treatment During States of Emergency
- Graduate of the Management by Objectives course, Tel Aviv University School of Social Work
- Member of numerous professional committees dealing with social services administration and policy, affiliated with the following organizations: The Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, The Joint Distribution Committee, Israel Management Center, Social Workers Association, World Council of Jewish Communal Services, Union of Local Authorities, Shalem Foundation, Chimes Association, "Maas" (Occupational Rehabilitation Enterprises) board member, member of the Joint Steering Committee of the Tel Aviv – Los Angeles Partnership, member of the Advisory Committee of the Taub Center for Social Policy Studies in Israel, in the past
- Member of the professional council of "Yes to the Elderly"
- Former Chair of the Advanced Licensing Committee of the Social Workers Council
- Chair of standing professional and management committees: Chimes Israel, “Maas” – Municipal Company, Multi-Service Center for the Blind, the Shalem Foundation Technology and Research Committee, Glickman Center for the Prevention of Violence, Bubis Emergency Services Center for Children (in the past)
- Member of the Social Work Council
- Chair of the Singular Occupation Committee, Social Work Council
- Former member of the National Council for Rehabilitation of the Emotionally Disturbed in the Community
- Former member of the Public Council for National and Civic Service in Israel (Ivri Committee)
- Former member of the Budget and Finance Committee of the Talpiot Academic College of Education
- Member of the Executive Committee of the "Paamonim" Association-Welfare From a Different Angle
- Member of the Board of the Center for International Migration & Integration (CIMI)
- Member of the Mifal HaPayis (National Lottery) research committee
- The Shalem Foundation Award for Integration of the Mentally Challenged in the Community, 1995
- The Henrietta Szold Award granted by the Social Workers Association for Innovativeness and Initiatives in Model Social Services, 1998
- The Kubersky Service Quality Award, granted by the Ministry of Interior and Union of Local Authorities, 1997
- The Prime Minister’s Child Protection Award for the Care of Children under the Home Start Program, 1998
- The Ministry of Labor and Welfare Children and Youth Services Award, granted for the Multi-Purpose Daycare Center Project, 1998
- The Israel Social Development Fellow Award, granted by the National Council for Social Development in Israel, 2001
- The Ministry of Labor and Welfare Award for Elderly Care, "Lev Haeer" Social Services Agency for Senior Citizens, 2001
- The “Etgar” Award for Service Quality and Excellence, granted by the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality for the Multidisciplinary Treatment of the Individual and the Community During States of Emergency, 2001
- ISO 9001 Israeli and International Certification, issued to the Welfare, Health and Human Services Administration headquarters functions (human resources, logistics, finance, computerization), March 2003
- The Minister of Social Services Award for Information and Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning, July 2003
- The Ministry of Social Services Hazani Award for Innovativeness and Contribution to the Community, granted to E.T.S. – Multidisciplinary Emergency Treatment System of the Individual and the Community, October 2004
- Award for Excellence in Knowledge and Portal Management in the Welfare, Health and Human Services Administration, granted by "People and Computers" I.T. Awards, 2005
- The “Etgar” Award for Service Quality and Excellence, granted by the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality for the 'soft infrastructures revolution', 2005
- "Naamat Letter of Commendation" granted for Exemplary Activity in Promoting the Campaign Against Domestic Violence, November 2009
International Projects and Conferences
The Jewish community in Buenos Aires, in cooperation with the City of Buenos Aires and the global Joint Distribution Committee: a project dealing with volunteer networks and community management during states of emergency and crisis, 1995-1996
- Joint projects with the Jewish Federation of Los Angeles, in cooperation with the City of Los Angeles, in the following areas: prevention of domestic violence, disabilities, the elderly, emergency management, training for social services professionals, volunteerism, and health, 1997-2008
- The Jewish communities in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States, in cooperation with the global Joint Distribution Committee: professional training for social services directors and volunteers, September 1998
- Community resilience intervention project at the earthquake evacuee village in Adapazari, Turkey, and work with the Jewish community, August 1999-September 2000
- Member of the delegation dispatched to extend psychosocial aid and emotional support to the families of victims and rescue teams following the tsunami in Thailand, December 2004
- European Capital Cities Conference held in Moscow, dealing with "Managing Emergency, Disaster and Crisis Situations." Delivery of a keynote address in the plenary, professional tours and deliberations, June 2006
- International conference in Mombai, India dealing with: "Partnerships Between the Public Sector and the Corporate Sector When Coping with Emergency, Disaster and Crisis Situations" – delivery of a keynote address in the plenary and chair of two sessions, November 2006
- Organizational and community development in Mombai, India, together with a team of professionals from the Joint Distribution Committee, November 2006
- International conference on the topic of "Service Quality" held in Israel. A lecture and presentation of a professional paper dealing with: "The Soft Infrastructures Revolution in the Welfare, Health and Human Services Administration," November 2006
- Main European Cities Conference dealing with disaster and emergency management. Head of the delegation and a presenter in the plenary, Budapest, June 2007
- Signing of an agreement in Vienna for collaboration between the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality and the Municipality of Vienna in matters pertaining to emergency management, July 2007
- Strategic consultant to the Joint Distribution Committee in Budapest, in preparation for a new project dealing with community development and organization and partnerships, the Jewish community in Budapest, July 2007
Master’s Degree Thesis: The Development of the Functions of Community Social Workers in Israel: 1953 – 1979. Published by the Ministry of Labor and Welfare
The Basket of Social Services in Israel. Published by the Council of Directors of Social Services Departments
- "Innovation, Reforms and Structural Changes – The Welfare, Health and Human Services Administration at the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality," Meidaos-The Journal of the Israel Social Workers Association 41 (April 2006), 28-32.
- "The Migrant Worker Community in Tel Aviv-Yafo," HaDeah HaRovachat-The Journal of the Israel Social Welfare Union 38 (March 2005), 10-12.
- "The Partnership Between Neighborhood and Community Rabbis and Social Workers," Meidaos-The Journal of the Israel Social Workers Association 38 (February 2005), 32-33.
- "The Welfare, Health and Human Services Administration at the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality-Values, Innovation and Action," Meidaos-The Journal of the Israel Social Workers Association 30 (September 2002), 9-11.
- "The Activities of the Emergency Treatment System - Individual and Community Treatment During States of Emergency (E.T.S.) at the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality, Meidaos-The Journal of the Israel Social Workers Association 29 (June 2002), 18-20.
- "The Activities of the Joint Distribution Committee in the Commonwealth of Independent States – Holy Work," Meidaos-The Journal of the Israel Social Workers Association 25 (September 1999), 55-57.
- "A Professional Visit in Buenos Aires, Argentina," Meidaos-The Journal of the Israel Social Workers Association 21 (August 1995), 38-40.
- "A Nonstop Aging City – Data, Problems, Accomplishments, Criticism, and Basic Assumptions Underlying Long-Term Strategic Planning in the Development of Services for the Elderly in Israel's Largest City with the Highest Percentage of Elderly Persons in the Country," Dorot –The Magazine for the Advancement of Services for the Elder Population 7 (May 1995), 20-24.
- "A Summary of the Activities of the Social Services Division and the Multidisciplinary Treatment System During the No. 5 Bus Tragedy on Dizengoff Street in Tel Aviv," Meidaos-The Journal of the Israel Social Workers Association 19 (January 1995), 22-24.
- "Relationships Between Elected Officials and Community Social Workers in Advancing Underprivileged Populations," Meidaos-The Journal of the Israel Social Workers Association 17 (February 1994), 41-43.
- "Issues Relating to Disparities and Challenges in Social Services in the State of Israel, HaDeah HaRovachat-The Journal of the Israel Social Welfare Union 28 (March 2001), 4-5.
- "The Development of the Roles of the Community Social Worker in Israel, 1953-1979: A Comparison of the Desired Role and the Actual Role," Studies in Community Work 22 (March 1984). Published by the Community Work Department at the Ministry of Labor and Welfare.
- "Values, Innovation and Action in Social Services," Municipali-Cities and Towns in Israel 1 (September 2007). A special magazine section published by the Haaretz newspaper.
- "Defense Across the Board: Addressing the Rights and Needs of the Defenseless is a National Need," Achrayut Hevratit October 2011. A special magazine section published by the Haaretz newspaper.
- "Old Age as Seen Through Judaism," Dorot –The Magazine for the Advancement of Services for the Elder Population 2015, 32.
- "Guardianship: Issues and Challenges in Guardianship Services for the Defenseless Elderly," Dorot –The Magazine for the Advancement of Services for the Elder Population 163 (November 2014), 22-23.
- "A Personal Perspective: A National Authority for Senior Citizens Must be Established," Dorot –The Magazine for the Advancement of Services for the Elder Population 161 (September 2014), 20.
7620302 - Policy Change: From Theory to Practice